What is a S.T.A.R. Binder?
- It is a three-ring binder that contains everything you and your child need to keep up with 2nd Grade. No more wrinkled papers in the bottom of their backpack or stuffed in the back of their desk. No more lost notes, forms, etc. Everything is in one notebook.
What does S.T.A.R. mean? Students Taking Academic Responsibility
Why is it important? This notebook helps your child establish good organizational skills that can carry on throughout the next ten years of school.
S.T.A.R. Binder rules:
1. Clean out the "Work to Keep at Home" section every night.
2. Take your S.T.A.R. Binder home every day and bring it with you to school every morning.
3. After your homework is complete, put it back in the return to school pocket so you can turn it in.
4. Keep your S.T.A.R. binder clean. Please do not eat or drink while using it.
5. Show the S.T.A.R. binder to your parents EVERY day! They will be so proud that you are learning to be responsible.
Please do NOT.....
1. ...make any marks or drawings in your S.T.A.R. binder!
2. ...leave your S.T.A.R. binder at home, at daycare, in the car, or on the bus. YOU are responsible for bringing it to school every day, not your parents!
3. ...let anyone borrow your S.T.A.R. binder or tear any pages out of it. Everything should stay in your binder unless Mrs. Durham asks you to remove it.
4. ...put any papers in your binder that do not belong. Mrs. Durham will be specific on papers when setting up your S.T.A.R. binder.